We have seen huge advances in contact lens technology over the last few years. You can now find an even wider range of different types of lenses, that cater to almost any prescription. If you’ve been told contact lenses are not suitable for you, or you’ve had a negative experience with lenses in the past, we encourage you to come and see one of our contact lens specialists. We have fitted hundreds of patients successfully over the years and are confident we’ll be able to find the right fit for your visual and lifestyle needs.
Types of contact lenses
We offer a large selection of contact lenses, including:
- daily disposables – suitable for both occasional and full-time users and available for most prescriptions
- 2-weekly or monthly lenses – these are reusable and suitable for stronger prescriptions
- toric lenses – for individuals with astigmatism
- multifocal or varifocal lenses for presbyopia – these provide distance, intermediate and near vision for a wide field of view and are a great alternative for those who don’t think they’re able to wear varifocal glasses
- hard, gas-permeable lenses – particularly good for complex prescriptions and can be worn overnight in some cases
We also offer the revolutionary MiSight® 1 Day lenses for children, which are proven to slow the progression of myopia (short sightedness). The prevalence of myopia in children is increasing, with around 1 in 5 teenagers now living with it. Myopia usually develops between the ages of 6 and 13. By slowing its progression, you can help to prevent your child from experiencing future complications associated with short sightedness, such as retinal detachments and myopic macular degeneration.
Contact lens brands
We are an independent practice so are free to supply lenses from any provider we choose, allowing us to source the best contact lenses for your individual needs. We typically provide contacts lenses from Acuvue, Coopervision, Alcon, Bausch & Lomb, Mark Ennovy, as well as other brands.
Contact lens trial and direct debit scheme
Still not sure about contacts? After your initial 40 minute consultation, we can provide you with trial lenses to take away so you can see how you get on with them. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, we may call you for a follow up consultation a week later instead of asking you to come in again, and can also offer a socially distanced teaching session on how to insert, remove and look after your lenses before you start to wear them. If you want to go ahead with contact lenses, it’s worth thinking about joining our care plan, which includes consultations, after care check-ups and discounted lens solutions from just £10 per month.